We are an independent estate agency who has extensive knowledge of the property market in Hamilton and the surrounding areas. To help support your search of a new home we have provided some information on what Hamilton has to offer is residents. If you are thinking about selling your property and need an estate agent in Hamilton, please contact us today for a free, no obligation property valuation.
Hamilton is large town with a population of just over 54,000 people and is part of South Lanarkshire council area. Hamilton lies in the heart of Lanarkshire, where the Clyde and Avon rivers meet at the head of the Clyde Valley’s rich, agricultural lands. Hamilton is also the starting point on the Clyde Valley National Tourist Route.
Places of Interest
- Chatelherault Park – This country park is a popular visitor attraction, with 500 acres of countryside and woodland which offers various walks, an adventure play ground and picnic facilities for family days out.
- Hamilton Park Racecourse – This horse racing venue offers a great day out experience for the whole family. The season runs between May and October.
- Hamilton Academicals FC – Hamilton is the local professional football team. Going to support the local team can be one of the benefits of living in the area.
- Strathclyde country park – For people that enjoy the outdoors, Strathclyde Park covers 4km and offers a range of woodland walks and water sports. The renowned water sports facilities can allow you to take up a new hobby, or to have a fun day out with family, making this one of the most popular family attractions in central Scotland.
- M & D Theme Park – Situated within Strathclyde park, this large amusement park has a variety of entertainment facilities including rollercoaster, water rides and is home to Scotland’s only indoor tropical rainforest, Amazonia.
Hamilton has a bus station providing frequent services Glasgow and the surrounding towns as well as links to part of England. It has two train stations, Hamilton Central and Hamilton West which provides services to Glasgow city centre in under half an hour. Hamilton is also situated to the major road link across the central belt with the M74 and M8 close by.
If you have a young family to consider when buying a home, then Hamilton has serval school facilities to choose from. We’ve provided the contact details of the local schools in Hamilton to make your search just that that little bit easier.
St Elizabeth’s Primary School
Tel: 01698 285080